I am a Franklin native and began my career as a prosecutor in Williamson County, Tennessee. During my time as an Assistant District Attorney, I had many jury trials involving all types of charges from DUI to Murder. My work as an Assistant District Attorney for the 21st Judicial District prepared me well to defend clients in Tennessee’s criminal courts. With over 31 years of legal experience, my private practice is focused entirely on criminal law, representing people charged with DUI, domestic violence, felonies, misdemeanors, drug charges, underage drinking, probation violations, orders of protection and white-collar crimes, among other offenses.
Throughout my career, I have been active in Middle Tennessee civic and leadership organizations. I was recognized by the Tennessee Bar Foundation as an outstanding attorney of integrity and high ethical standards who has contributed to the legal profession and the public good.
I have been married to Elizabeth Imorde Puryear for more than 31 years, and we have three wonderful adult children.
- University of Tennessee Law School (Juris Doctorate, 1992)
- University of Tennessee (B.S., 1989)
- Battle Ground Academy (1985)
Honors & Memberships
- Williamson County Bar Association, Past President
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tennessee Bar Foundation Fellow
- Leadership Franklin Graduate
- Board of Trustees Battle Ground Academy, Past Chair
- Franklin Noon Rotary Club, Past Member
- United Way of Williamson County, Past Board of directors
- Williamson County Chamber of Commerce, Past Board of directors