At Puryear, Newman & Morton, PLLC, we recognize that divorce, separation, and child custody matters can be complicated, life-changing events with far-reaching and long-lasting consequences for families. That is why our law firm is dedicated to using our more than 100 years of combined experience to help clients navigate uncertain times and ensure their best interests are protected. Our family law attorneys proudly handle a wide range of cases, including:
- Divorce (Uncontested and Contested) and Separation: We have experience representing clients in a wide range of divorce cases, including uncontested, contested divorce involving complex assets, and legal separation.
- Post-Divorce Modifications: If you need assistance modifying custody, visitation or support orders, we can guide you through the process. Modifications are often necessary when one party experiences a change in income or location.
- Juvenile Court Cases: Our attorneys regularly handle juvenile cases in family court, such as truancy, allegations of abuse, and more. We understand how important it is to protect your child's interests and your parental relationships.
- Mediation and Trial: We can represent clients throughout the mediation process to achieve a cost-effective and amicable solution, or take the case all the way to trial if necessary.
- Alimony: During a divorce, alimony can be an extremely contentious topic. Whether you are seeking spousal support or requesting support, we can advocate for your financial interests.
- Child Custody: Our attorneys are experienced at handling custody matters, including establishing a fair custody and visitation plan, resolving disputes, and more.
- Termination of Parental Rights: If you are in danger of losing your parental rights over your child, we can help guide you through the process and defend you in court.
- Child Protective Services Investigations: Any allegations involving CPS can put you at risk of losing your child. From accusations of abuse, neglect, or abandonment, we can help you understand your rights and how to regain custody of your child.
Our attorneys routinely handle complicated cases involving complex issues and the division of substantial financial assets. We also assist clients in providing for the care and support of their children during and after a divorce or separation.
Our family law attorneys at Puryear, Newman & Morton, PLLC, care deeply about the clients we serve. We know that your future can be substantially impacted by the outcome of your family law case, which is why we proudly use our extensive resources and knowledge of the law to devise customized legal strategies tailored to the unique needs of each client and family we represent.
We have a team of skilled litigators who are ready to meet with you to discuss the details of your case and create the right legal strategy for your situation so you can pursue your case goals with confidence. From negotiating a fair custody agreement on your behalf to mediating your divorce to avoid a lengthy and costly court battle, our exceptional family law attorneys and staff can help resolve your family law dispute. If necessary, our family law attorneys can take your case to trial, as well.
Highly Recommend- Former Client
My attorney, Phil Newman, took the time to thoroughly understand my case...- Tina Z.
I would highly recommend their services!- Mark M.
Very pleased with the entire office and can’t speak highly enough...- Former Client
To say I was impressed would be an understatement. If you need the best legal counsel and sound advice, and sometimes it’s advice you don’t want to hear but need to, then Phil Newman and the Puryear, Newman & Morton team deliver.- Carl H.
Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined legal experience.
Our attorneys are dedicated to serving the needs of it's clients in a professional, ethical, and caring manner.
We are a full-service law firm with skilled attorneys who have years of experience handling specific areas of law.
Rooted In the Community
Our firm has been serving the people of Franklin for over 20 years and have an excellent reputation within the community.